Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Retro Dress

I found two pieces of this fabric in the scrap bin at Joann's. Each one had less than 1/2 a yard on it, but I bought it hoping there would be enough to make a cute little dress for RL. I didn't have a pattern so I created my own using scratch paper and another dress (for comparison). I think it turned out pretty cute. I even have some leftover fabric that I'm going to use to try and make some matching undies and a headband. I used some leftover interfacing I had in my sewing stuff on the top of the dress to give it a cleaner look.
(Don't mind the messy hair... RL is sporting the "bed head" look - I made her take pics early in the morning and hadn't brushed her hair yet...)


I created the deatiling on the front of the dress by braiding four strands of fabric together.

No comments:

Post a Comment