Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baby Food Jar Pumpkins



Step 1: Clean the inside and outside of the jar, and try as best as you can to get the glue from the label off.
Step 2: Put some orange paint (I used Crayola Kid Paint) in the jar, add a little water (not more than a couple drops), put the lid from the jar back on, and shake to coat the inside. Empty excess paint and let dry for 12 hours.
Step 3: Use a small bowl to make the green top of the pumpking. I used a small rubber band to keep the fabric on the jar. Then I cut a ribbon, or extra fabric to tie aroung the jar (and the rubber band) and make a knot.
Step4: I used an orange sharpie to draw lines on the outside of the jar to make it look more like a pumpkin.
** You could also use a black sharpie and draw jack-o-lantern faces on it... but I left mine as just pumpkins... then I could keep them up for Thanksgiving also.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. those are so way cute.....and so simple. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever, Katy! Love it!
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete