Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday Window Coverings

Joann's had a GREAT fabric sale a couple months ago, so I bought some holiday fabric to make my own window coverings. I wanted to be a little more festive than just the few decorations we have. I got the fabric super cheap and bought some edging to go around it. I got 3 yds of each fabric (one for Christmas and one for Thanksgiving) and when I got home I cut them in half so that each piece was 1-1/2 yds long. Then folded it in half to sew. I left about 3 inches on the top for the pole to go through, and edged the whole thing in white. It was super simple and has really added a lot to our drab-looking living room.

I think next time I will get a little more fabric to make them a little wider... stay tuned for more holday window coverings to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment