Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My new friend...

If you are like me you have older pots and pans. We got a brand new set of non-stick cookware for our wedding almost 5 years ago. We aren't the kind of people to really go out to eat, so our pans have had quite a bit of use over the last 5 years. So much that our non-stick pans have become, what we lovingly refer to them as, "stick" pans. Everything we cook gets stuck to the pans -- even if we spray them, use a little oil, etc..

But, I recently read in a magazine -- I don't remember which one or I'd give them credit -- that if you have hard to wash pans, soke them in vinegar. After cooking a meal and having to try and scrape everything off the pan... I decided not to break my elbow scrubbing, but to try out the vinegar!

Ta Da!!! I let it soak overnight and voila! The next morning it was so, so easy to clean. I rinsed off the vinegar and the food and crust just seemed to melt away!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! So, now I use it all the time. I don't know when we can afford to get new pots and pans, but until then... I keep a Costco-sized bottle of vinegar on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment